Welcome to the Sun Vein & Vascular Patient Portal. By clicking on the link below you will be directed away from our website to our secure Patient Portal with StreamlineMD, our electronic medical record.Patient Portal
About the StreamlineMD Patient Portal: As a new patient, you will receive an email with a username and temporary password to access the StreamlineMD electronic medical record to register. By clicking on the link, you can access and complete your new patient registration forms electronically before coming into the office for your appointment.
Scheduling the appointment for the ultrasound
On the day of your procedure
Food and Water
- Eat normal meals (do not skip meals)
- Drink plenty of fluids (at least 8 oz every two hours after waking, before the procedure)
- Exercise normally before the procedure
- At a minimum, walk for 10 minutes one hour prior to the procedure
- Take your usual medications
- DO NOT WEAR COMPRESSION STOCKINGS on the day of the procedure.
- Bring compression stockings to wear after your procedure
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing
- Undergarments may get stained with preps on the entire leg
- Do not apply any type of moisturizer to your leg on the day of the procedure
- If you are taking prescription sedatives or narcotics prior to the procedure, please arrange for someone to drive you to and from the office
- You may experience bruising, tenderness, or swelling after treatment. These are signs that the inflammation in the treated veins is beginning to subside. Arnica gel (available at most health food stores, use as directed) may accelerate the resolution of bruising and associated inflammation.
- Trapped blood often develops when the blood gets caught inside the vein as it heals. This area may feel bumpy and tender to the touch – which may last for a few weeks. This indicates that the injection is causing the desired reaction. If it causes too much discomfort, it can be easily treated in the office at your next follow-up visit.
- If you have band-aids and cotton balls on the injection sites, please remove them the day following your treatment. Please leave sterilized strips on for seven days.
Pain & Discomfort
- RECOMMENDED PAIN MEDICATION: Acetaminophen (Tylenol), 1-2 tablets 325 or 500 mg, four times a day as needed and/or Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) 3-4 tablets 200mg, 3-4 times a day, as needed.
- Apply ice to the areas treated (5-10 mins for three times during the day to help with the inflammation).
- Wear compression stockings continuously except when sleeping or showering for three days.
- Most patients will resume normal activities the next day. Walking, light exercise, aerobics are encouraged.
- Avoid extremely strenuous workouts for 48 hours.
- Please avoid lifting heavy objects > 25lbs for one week.
Prolonged Water Exposure
- No swimming, hot baths or hot tubs for two days following your treatment. You may, however, take a warm shower.
- Avoid flying for at least seven days following any procedure.
- Wear compression stockings during air or automobile travel.
- If you are traveling a long distance by automobile, it is recommended to stop every 2 hours to walk for 5-10 minutes.
WE ACCEPT MOST INSURANCE & MEDICARE
Sun Vein & Vascular works with several insurance companies to provide the most access for our patients. Insurance coverages for vein treatments may vary depending on your insurance plan and specific policy limits. If the reason for your treatment is medical, then your insurance will very likely cover the procedure. However, if your vein treatment is merely cosmetic, it is unlikely the treatment will be covered. For patients who will have a co-insurance, deductible, or self-pay, we can set up payment plans to accommodate specific financial situations. To better understand your policy, contact our office to address specific concerns with our staff.
Sun Vein & Vascular accepts all major credit cards and checks. We also offer healthcare financing options, and we accept payment from those using HSA or FSA.